Well here we are! Over a month of stay at home orders around the world and I know I’m both terrified of COVID 19 and going a little stir crazy. OK, OK a lot stir crazy! That being said, the slow down has been good for me. My mind is clearer and I am able to focus more. I have had plenty of time to learn new sketching skills and find two new sit spots in my own yard.
I have decided to share my time with you, so I started a blog! This is all new to me. Let me know what you want to see/hear from me. I’m looking to grow WITH you as a community.
Here are some tips I used to find my creative space.
1. Sit in several different spots for a short period fo time while tuning in to what you feel.
2. Find a spot that when you sit there, it almost feels a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. That is your new sit spot.
3. Gather whatever you want to use to document your new spot and go sit for no less than 15 minutes at a time.
4. As my friend Erica Wheeler says, “check your earthmail.” Tune into your senses and really observe.
5. Create using the inspiration you have found. Your inner naturalist is a muscle. Flex it and watch it grow!